Last night MS (middle son) hands me his phone and whispers "it's Daddy." I roll my eyes and take the phone.
Me: Hey, how ya doin
Him: Cool, I need a favor
Me: rolling my eyes...again
Him: I need you to check with the airlines to see if you can find 3 tickets for the kids to come here for the family reunion. This is moms side of the family.OS(oldest son) found a ticket but it was over $600.00. You are more saavy on the internet thing... I know you can find something less expensive than that.
Me: Okay, I'll look and see what I can come up with.
Him: By the time I pay for tickets and hotel rooms and , tickets for us ... it will be around $3000.00.
Me: Okay.. well.... I will see what I can do hopefully I can find something inexpensive.
Him: thanks, I appreciate it
Me: not a problem. How is school going for you?
Him: I had to drop a class. I did good with the other two I think. It has been over 40 yrs since I have been in school!
Me: Laughing.. yeah I know. You did good though. You go ahead professor and make us proud. You can do it!!
Him: Laughing. Yeah, we will see. Okay, dont want to hold you up. Talk to you later.
Me: okay, hang in there. Here is MS back...take care
It is these kinds of conversations that make me miss us as a couple. I am happy we dont have the drama we did so many years ago. I am ELATED to see him get his ish together.
Damn the Viet Nam war and damn post traumatic stress.
Our 11 year relationship... our family was a casuality of THAT war.
Let us pray for the soldiers that come back home to families. Sometimes they come back in a bad headspace. They dont know how to handle it... and if they are discharged, the armed services gives very little post combat support to help it's vets. Thank God for Veterans Affairs.
Peace
Me: Hey, how ya doin
Him: Cool, I need a favor
Me: rolling my eyes...again
Him: I need you to check with the airlines to see if you can find 3 tickets for the kids to come here for the family reunion. This is moms side of the family.OS(oldest son) found a ticket but it was over $600.00. You are more saavy on the internet thing... I know you can find something less expensive than that.
Me: Okay, I'll look and see what I can come up with.
Him: By the time I pay for tickets and hotel rooms and , tickets for us ... it will be around $3000.00.
Me: Okay.. well.... I will see what I can do hopefully I can find something inexpensive.
Him: thanks, I appreciate it
Me: not a problem. How is school going for you?
Him: I had to drop a class. I did good with the other two I think. It has been over 40 yrs since I have been in school!
Me: Laughing.. yeah I know. You did good though. You go ahead professor and make us proud. You can do it!!
Him: Laughing. Yeah, we will see. Okay, dont want to hold you up. Talk to you later.
Me: okay, hang in there. Here is MS back...take care
It is these kinds of conversations that make me miss us as a couple. I am happy we dont have the drama we did so many years ago. I am ELATED to see him get his ish together.
Damn the Viet Nam war and damn post traumatic stress.
Our 11 year relationship... our family was a casuality of THAT war.
Let us pray for the soldiers that come back home to families. Sometimes they come back in a bad headspace. They dont know how to handle it... and if they are discharged, the armed services gives very little post combat support to help it's vets. Thank God for Veterans Affairs.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment